The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 adults in the United States.
Some 65% of respondents say they emotionally connect with a brand that makes them feel like it cares about people like themselves.
Other top reasons cited for emotionally connecting with brands include feeling like the company is making a positive difference in the world (55% cite) and feeling like the company gets them (45%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Brand Marketing vs. Performance Marketing: Finding the Right Balance
- The Personality Traits of the Most Reputable Brands
- Marketing With 'A-Peel': Savannah Bananas Owner Jesse Cole on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Branding and Design Are Inseparable: The Why, The How, and Two Examples
- Do Employees Get the Brand Story Right?