The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 adults in the United States.
Some 65% of respondents say they emotionally connect with a brand that makes them feel like it cares about people like themselves.
Other top reasons cited for emotionally connecting with brands include feeling like the company is making a positive difference in the world (55% cite) and feeling like the company gets them (45%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Six Ways to Strengthen Your Brand Through Product Packaging
- How to Inspire People to Love Your Brand the Way They Love Harry Potter (or Starbucks or Disney or MarketingProfs!): David Meerman Scott on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Achieve Cultural Velocity (And Why You Need to): Jonah Berger and Stefan Burford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Secrets to Finding the Perfect Name for Your Brand: Jeremy Miller of 'Sticky Branding' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 10 Most Valuable Global Brands