Public relations professionals say digital storytelling and social listening are the trends that will most influence the future of the field, according to recent research from the USC Annenberg Center for Public Relations and the Association of National Advertisers.
The report was based on data from a survey of 875 public relations professionals (63% work for an agency; 37% work in-house) as well as data from a survey of 101 in-house marketers.
Public relations professionals say digital storytelling is the biggest future PR trend (88% cite it as important).
Social listening ranks second (82%) among PR professionals, followed by social purpose (71%) and Big Data (70%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Don't Wait, Get Your Brand 'Crisis-Ready' Now: Melissa Agnes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Most and Least Important PR and Corporate Communications Tactics and Trends
- PR Measurement Is All About Outputs, Outtakes, and Outcomes: Shonali Burke on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The State of PR Jobs: Hiring and Salary Trends
- If It Can Happen to Crock-Pot, It Can Happen to You: Four Steps to Make Your Brand Crisis-Ready