Public relations professionals say digital storytelling and social listening are the trends that will most influence the future of the field, according to recent research from the USC Annenberg Center for Public Relations and the Association of National Advertisers.
The report was based on data from a survey of 875 public relations professionals (63% work for an agency; 37% work in-house) as well as data from a survey of 101 in-house marketers.
Public relations professionals say digital storytelling is the biggest future PR trend (88% cite it as important).
Social listening ranks second (82%) among PR professionals, followed by social purpose (71%) and Big Data (70%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- PR Industry Survey: The Tactics and Skills Rising in Importance
- Seven Questions to Ask When Hiring a PR Agency
- How to Select the Best Media Monitoring Platform for Your Marketing and PR Needs
- The Personality Traits of Top Digital PR Influencers
- Show the PR Love: How to Build Relationships With the Media