The report was based on an analysis of data from more than 1.5 billion triggered/automated emails sent by 1,000 e-commerce companies in the fourth quarter of 2016.
The researchers examined the performance of four specific triggered/automated email types: welcome series messages (introductory emails, often with a discount on a first purchase or access to a downloadable asset); abandoned cart messages (emails sent to shoppers who add items to their carts and do not complete the checkout process); browse abandonment messages (emails sent to shoppers who view products but do not add them to their carts); and winback messages (emails sent to customers who have made a purchase in the past but not recently).
Welcome series emails drive the most revenue per recipient, on average, for e-commerce brands with average order sizes under $50.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Keep Your Email Marketing Strategy Relevant to Millennials
- Your Giant Email Marketing Statistics Guide [Infographic]
- How to Choose the Most Appealing Images for Your Email and Content Marketing
- Groundhogs, Coffee, and Oktoberfest: Top-Performing Unconventional Email Themes
- Five Email Trends and Best-Practices for 2019