The report was based on an analysis of data from more than 1.5 billion triggered/automated emails sent by 1,000 e-commerce companies in the fourth quarter of 2016.
The researchers examined the performance of four specific triggered/automated email types: welcome series messages (introductory emails, often with a discount on a first purchase or access to a downloadable asset); abandoned cart messages (emails sent to shoppers who add items to their carts and do not complete the checkout process); browse abandonment messages (emails sent to shoppers who view products but do not add them to their carts); and winback messages (emails sent to customers who have made a purchase in the past but not recently).
Welcome series emails drive the most revenue per recipient, on average, for e-commerce brands with average order sizes under $50.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Steps to Ensure Your Email Campaigns Work
- Holiday Email Done Right Is Huge for the Bottom Line: Five Tips for Doing It Right
- The Email Innovations That Most Interest Consumers
- What Sender Reputation Means for Your Email Marketing (Hint: A Lot!)
- Email Personalization: Stats and Tips [Infographic]