Some 36% of respondents say measurement/reporting is a key consideration when evaluating which platforms to run pre-roll campaigns on; 35% say pricing is a key consideration.
Other important considerations include engagement (34% cite as a priority), viewability (33%), and audience delivery (30%).
More than two-thirds (68%) of respondents say social networks such as Facebook have become important channels for running digital video ad campaigns.
Marketers rank social networks ahead of pure video platforms such as YouTube in delivering customer service, ROI, and engagement.
Some 58% of respondents plan to invest more budget on pre-roll ads that accompany short-form videos in the next six months; 38% plan to invest more budget on pre-roll ads that accompany premium content.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 300 agency and brand marketers who are part of the Advertiser Perceptions Omnibus Panel.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- Tough Times Ahead: Global Digital Ad Forecast for 2022-2024
- The End of Third-Party Cookies Is a New Beginning for Digital Advertisers: Arsen Avakian on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Love, Hate, or Indifferent? How People Feel About 6 Common Ad Formats
- The Drivers of the Current Digital Advertising Boom
- It's Time to Embrace Personalization and Education in Your OTT Advertising Model
- Global Ad Spend Forecast for 2023: A Slowdown Ahead