The report was based on data from a survey of 243 marketers (57% work for B2B-focused firms, 27% for B2C-focused firms, and 16% for hybrid firms).
Some 63% say search engine marketing is an effective channel for distributing content, and 50% say social media advertising is an effective channel.
Online banner ads are ranked third (37% cite them), followed by native ads (33%) and promoted social posts/tweets (32%).
Some 41% of marketers say the effectiveness of paid content-distribution channels is increasing significantly over time, and 40% say it is increasing marginally.
Marketers say they measure the success of their content marketing efforts by looking at lead generation (53% cite it as a useful metric) and customer engagement (50%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 243 marketers (57% work for B2B-focused firms, 27% for B2C-focused firms, and 16% for hybrid firms).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Tips for Optimizing Your Marketing Videos [Infographic]
- Using Video Testimonials as a Tool for B2B Growth: Alexander Ferguson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Creating Deal-Closing Content: The Pivotal Role of Conversation Intelligence
- The Writing GPS: A Writing Framework That Makes Your Writing Ridiculously Good
- Empowering B2B Marketing Teams With an AI Content Process: May Habib on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 2023 B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends