B2B technology marketers say "soft" abilities such as good communication and people management are the most important skills needed to succeed in the field, according to recent research from Spiceworks.
The report was based on data from a survey of 359 B2B technology industry marketers who live in North America and Europe. The researchers sorted the respondents into three generations: Millennials (born between 1981 and 1997), Generation X (1965-1980), and Baby Boomers (1946-1964).
Some 82% of respondents say soft skills are very or extremely important for B2B tech marketers.
Writing skills rank second (80% say they are very or extremely important), followed by content marketing skills (78%), digital media skills (77%), data analysis skills (77%), and email marketing skills (65%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Game of Time: How to Slay Productivity-Killing Dragons [Infographic]
- The Most In-Demand Content Marketing Skills
- Market Like an Athlete, Not a Weekend Warrior: How to Avoid Ineffective Campaigns and Burnout
- Transform Your Life Through Small Changes: 'Atomic Habits' Author James Clear on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Take Calculated Risks [Infographic]