B2B technology marketers say "soft" abilities such as good communication and people management are the most important skills needed to succeed in the field, according to recent research from Spiceworks.
The report was based on data from a survey of 359 B2B technology industry marketers who live in North America and Europe. The researchers sorted the respondents into three generations: Millennials (born between 1981 and 1997), Generation X (1965-1980), and Baby Boomers (1946-1964).
Some 82% of respondents say soft skills are very or extremely important for B2B tech marketers.
Writing skills rank second (80% say they are very or extremely important), followed by content marketing skills (78%), digital media skills (77%), data analysis skills (77%), and email marketing skills (65%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What Hiring Managers Value vs. What Job Applicants Think Matters [Infographic]
- Productivity Lessons From Bill Gates: How to Do a 'Think Week' [Infographic]
- Self-Reliance for Entrepreneurs (and Everyone Else): Author John Jantsch on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 2020 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Advertising, and PR Positions
- The Ultimate LinkedIn Cheat Sheet: 2019 [Infographic]