B2B technology marketers say "soft" abilities such as good communication and people management are the most important skills needed to succeed in the field, according to recent research from Spiceworks.
The report was based on data from a survey of 359 B2B technology industry marketers who live in North America and Europe. The researchers sorted the respondents into three generations: Millennials (born between 1981 and 1997), Generation X (1965-1980), and Baby Boomers (1946-1964).
Some 82% of respondents say soft skills are very or extremely important for B2B tech marketers.
Writing skills rank second (80% say they are very or extremely important), followed by content marketing skills (78%), digital media skills (77%), data analysis skills (77%), and email marketing skills (65%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Survive a Layoff or Furlough During the Pandemic [Infographic]
- Mindful Living for Marketers: MarketingProfs Founder Allen Weiss on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Average Age and Tenure of C-Suite Executives
- Get Your Resume Together, It's 2020: The Must-Have Skills of Today's Marketing Leaders
- The Business Benefits of Being More Pirate: Sam Conniff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]