The State of Business Customer Referral Programs report was based on data businesses that use the Amplifinity platform. Respondents came from a mix of B2B and B2C firms.
The most common referral methods employed by the surveyed firms surveyed are lead forms (77% use them), email (73%), verbal (54%), social media (50%), shareable URLs (41%), and print cards (18%).
The highest volume of referrals come from social media (29%) and email (23%), respondents said. Below are additional findings from the research.
Verbal referrals have the best conversion rate of any referral method (32% of referrals lead to sales); lead forms rank second (19%), and email ranks third (17%).
Among current customers who make referrals, 61% make one referral per year, on average, and 34% make 2-10 referrals per year.
The most popular incentive for referrals is gift cards (52% of businesses surveyed offer them); checks rank second (29%).
About the research: The State of Business Customer Referral Programs report was based on data businesses that use the Amplifinity platform. Respondents came from a mix of B2B and B2C firms.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- How to Rev Up the B2B Account-Based Demand Engine to Accelerate Results
- What Top Salespeople Do Differently Across the Sales Cycle [Infographic]
- Empowering Sales Success—The Role of Marketing in Sales Enablement: Owen Richards on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Nicolas Cage Can Teach Us About the Challenger Sale
- Your Guide to B2B Appointment-Setting for Better Sales
- The State of B2B Sales in 2023