The report was based on data from 20 of the largest podcast networks. The group comprises a significant share of the podcast market but does not account for all podcast advertising revenue.
Revenue from podcast advertising for the companies examined increased from $69 million in 2015 to $119 million in 2016.
IAB projects that total podcast advertising revenue will increase 85% this year, rising to $220 million.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]
- Programmatic Media Buying: A Marketer's Guide
- What Shoppers Want: Customization, Coupons, Digital [Infographic]
- The Google Display Network: Stats and Insights for Advertisers [Infographic]