The report was based on 27 billion emails opened worldwide between May 2016 and April 2017.
Some 55% of the email opens examined occurred on mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, or e-readers); 28% occurred via webmail clients (a Web browser visit to a site such as Gmail.com or Yahoo.com), and 16% occurred via desktop software (a client such as Outlook or Apple Mail).
The share of opens occurring on mobile devices increased 26 percentage points between 2012 and 2017, the analysis found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Steps to Ensure Your Email Campaigns Work
- Holiday Email Done Right Is Huge for the Bottom Line: Five Tips for Doing It Right
- The Email Innovations That Most Interest Consumers
- Email Personalization: Stats and Tips [Infographic]
- What Sender Reputation Means for Your Email Marketing (Hint: A Lot!)