The report was based on 27 billion emails opened worldwide between May 2016 and April 2017.
Some 55% of the email opens examined occurred on mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, or e-readers); 28% occurred via webmail clients (a Web browser visit to a site such as Gmail.com or Yahoo.com), and 16% occurred via desktop software (a client such as Outlook or Apple Mail).
The share of opens occurring on mobile devices increased 26 percentage points between 2012 and 2017, the analysis found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Year in Review: 2019's Important Developments in Email
- Five Ways to Boost Your Email Campaigns' Inbox Placement in 2020
- Emails Design Trends for 2020: The Future Is Here [Infographic]
- What You Should Know About Your Audience Before Creating the Perfect Email Workflow
- How Long Does It Take to Produce a Marketing Email?