The report was based on 27 billion emails opened worldwide between May 2016 and April 2017.
Some 55% of the email opens examined occurred on mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, or e-readers); 28% occurred via webmail clients (a Web browser visit to a site such as Gmail.com or Yahoo.com), and 16% occurred via desktop software (a client such as Outlook or Apple Mail).
The share of opens occurring on mobile devices increased 26 percentage points between 2012 and 2017, the analysis found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your Giant Email Marketing Statistics Guide [Infographic]
- How to Choose the Most Appealing Images for Your Email and Content Marketing
- Groundhogs, Coffee, and Oktoberfest: Top-Performing Unconventional Email Themes
- Five Email Trends and Best-Practices for 2019
- Four Steps to Ensure Your Email Campaigns Work