Increased exposure to campaigns (i.e., when a consumer is served the same campaign multiple times) leads to greater brand awareness and intent to purchase, the analysis found.
Brands tend to see the biggest lift when online ad campaigns are delivered between five and nine times.
The impact of frequency varies significantly by the advertiser's vertical, the analysis found.
For example, in the computers/electronics and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) verticals, increased frequency leads to significantly more ad resonance, whereas in the financial services vertical, there is much less of a connection.
About the research: The report was based on Nielsen Digital Brand Effect data for online advertising campaigns delivered to consumers in Australia.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Ad Benchmarks: CPM, CPC, CTR, and Objectives Trends
- How Marketers Can Protect Their Online Ad Dollars From Fraud
- Programmatic Advertising Trends: Top Tactics, Challenges, and Metrics
- Eight Common Campaign Management Mistakes Agencies Make
- The Anatomy and Current State of Programmatic Advertising [Infographic]