The research was based on a Kantar analysis of US advertising in all major formats (television, print, radio, out-of-home, digital, and other). The full report includes 1Q17 data for 16 additional countries.
Berkshire Hathaway was No. 2 in advertising spend in the United States in 1Q17.
General Motors was next, followed by Comcast, AT&T, Pfizer, Expedia, Ford, Verizon, and L'Oreal.
The 10 largest advertisers accounted for 11.7% of ad spend in the United States during 1Q17.
Retail brands accounted for the largest share of US ad spend in 1Q17 (13%). Automotive brands were second (10.4%), followed by financial brands (10.3%).
About the research: The report was based on a Kantar analysis of US advertising all major formats (television, print, radio, out-of-home, digital, and other).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Brand Management:
- Less Humor, More Inspiration: The Messaging People Want From Brands
- Six Ways to Build Brand Influence Using Thought Leaders in Your Organization
- The Nine Most Common Brand-Positioning Mistakes
- The Top 20 Brands Gen Z Has an Oversized Preference For [Infographic]
- How to Effectively Build Your Brand Within Emerging Virtual Worlds
- Brand Extensions: A Strategic Path to Growth