The research was based on a Kantar analysis of US advertising in all major formats (television, print, radio, out-of-home, digital, and other). The full report includes 1Q17 data for 16 additional countries.
Berkshire Hathaway was No. 2 in advertising spend in the United States in 1Q17.
General Motors was next, followed by Comcast, AT&T, Pfizer, Expedia, Ford, Verizon, and L'Oreal.
The 10 largest advertisers accounted for 11.7% of ad spend in the United States during 1Q17.
Retail brands accounted for the largest share of US ad spend in 1Q17 (13%). Automotive brands were second (10.4%), followed by financial brands (10.3%).
About the research: The report was based on a Kantar analysis of US advertising all major formats (television, print, radio, out-of-home, digital, and other).
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Brand Management:
- Revolutionizing B2B Brand Monitoring With AI-Powered Insights: Meghan Bazaman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Research: Now Is the Time for Brand Marketing (And Why Data Matters for Brand Marketers)
- A 'Brand Differentiation Through Experience Innovation' Conversation: Allen Adamson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Developing an Indispensable Brand-Inspired Growth Strategy | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Brand + Demand: Taking B2B Marketing From Cost Center to Value Center
- The Boomerang Brand: Five Ways to Avoid It and One Time to Embrace It