The report was based on 2017 data from more than two million LinkedIn members in the United States.
Orthopedic surgeons have a median total compensation (salary plus bonus/commission) of $450,000.
Cardiologist is the job title with the next-highest median compensation total ($382,000); radiologist ranks third, followed by anesthesiologist and plastic surgeon.
The top-paying entry/midlevel jobs (only one or two years' experience necessary) are investment banking analyst ($105,000 median compensation) and associate brand manager (also $105,000).
Computer science is the highest paying field of study in the United States, with graduates earning a median compensation of $92,300.
About the research: The report was based on 2017 data from more than two million LinkedIn members in the United States.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Essential Skills for Aspiring Marketers
- CMO Compensation Trends: Female Sr. Marketers Outearn Male Sr. Marketers
- How to Find Remote Work [Infographic]
- Managing Momentum: Bounce Back From Setbacks and Procrastination [Infographic]
- How to Gain Influence and Effect Change: Four Skills Every Marketing Leader Needs