The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July and August 2017 among 349 senior marketers (92% VP-level or higher) in the United States.
Some 16.5% of respondents rank being the voice of the customer as a quality/ability that makes a CMO most effective (participants were allowed to pick their top three choices).
Other qualities/abilities seen as being important include having an enterprisewide business mindset/understanding, being able to demonstrate the quantitative impact of marketing efforts, and playing a key role in company growth initiatives.
Most senior marketers say customers will prioritize superior product quality and excellent service in the next 12 months rather than low prices.
Some 34.7% of senior marketers are more optimistic about the US economy in 3Q17 compared with 2Q17; some 21.1% are less optimistic; and 44.2% have not changed their opinion.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July and August 2017 among 349 senior marketers (92% VP-level or higher) in the United States.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Essential Skills for Aspiring Marketers
- CMO Compensation Trends: Female Sr. Marketers Outearn Male Sr. Marketers
- How to Find Remote Work [Infographic]
- Managing Momentum: Bounce Back From Setbacks and Procrastination [Infographic]
- How to Gain Influence and Effect Change: Four Skills Every Marketing Leader Needs