The report was based on data from a survey of 260 marketers (48% work for firms that are primarily B2B-focused, 34% for firms that are primarily B2C focused, and 18% for hybrid B2B/B2C firms).
Some 50% of respondents say message personalization is among the most effective email marketing tactics; 38% say creating meaningful calls-to-action is among the most effective tactics.
List data segmentation ranks as the third most-effective email marketing tactic (37% of respondents cite it).
Respondents say list segmentation is the hardest email marketing tactic to implement (37% rate it as among the most difficult).
Creating meaningful calls to action is second, followed by message personalization and testing/optimization.
The same proportion of marketers (37%) rank list data segmentation as one of most effective tactics and as one of the the most difficult.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 260 marketers (48% work for firms that are primarily B2B focused, 34% for firms that are primarily B2C focused, and 18% for hybrid B2B/B2C firms).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success: Michael Barber on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now: Jay Schwedelson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Email Newsletters: Nine New Best-Practices
- How to Charge Up Your Email Marketing With Video Enhancements
- When and How to Use Plain-Text Email in Marketing: Use Cases, Design Best-Practices
- Email at Scale: How to Increase Campaigns and Manage Complexity