The researchers looked at three components to determine the 2017 value of each brand: (1) the financial performance of branded products and services; (2) the role the brand plays in influencing customer choice; and (3) the strength the brand has to command a premium price or secure earnings for the company.
Apple and Google have held the top two positions for five consecutive years.
The researchers estimate that Apple’s brand value grew 3% over the past year, to $184 billion; they estimate Google’s brand value grew 6%, to $141 billion.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Inspire People to Love Your Brand the Way They Love Harry Potter (or Starbucks or Disney or MarketingProfs!): David Meerman Scott on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Achieve Cultural Velocity (And Why You Need to): Jonah Berger and Stefan Burford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Secrets to Finding the Perfect Name for Your Brand: Jeremy Miller of 'Sticky Branding' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 10 Most Valuable Global Brands
- Nine Criteria for an Ironclad Brand Strategy: Lindsay Pedersen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]