The researchers looked at three components to determine the 2017 value of each brand: (1) the financial performance of branded products and services; (2) the role the brand plays in influencing customer choice; and (3) the strength the brand has to command a premium price or secure earnings for the company.
Apple and Google have held the top two positions for five consecutive years.
The researchers estimate that Apple’s brand value grew 3% over the past year, to $184 billion; they estimate Google’s brand value grew 6%, to $141 billion.
Microsoft is ranked as the third most-valuable brand, followed by Coca-Cola, Amazon, Samsung, Toyota, Facebook, Mercedes-Benz, and IBM.
Facebook brand is the fastest-growing one, for the second year in the row. The researchers estimate Facebook's brand value jumped by 48% this year, to $48 billion.
About the research: The annual report was based on an analysis of major brands around the world.
Continue reading "The 10 Most Valuable Global Brands in 2017" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Brand Management:
- Adapting Brands and Thought Leadership: Afiya Addison of the B2B Institute at LinkedIn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Why Honesty and Integrity Pay: The Benefits of Truth-Based Marketing
- Top 5 Sentiment Analysis Tools
- Listening to Customers, Discovering Your Why, What, and How: Zendesk's Lisa Kant on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- World's Top 10 'Brand Guardian,' Most Famous, and Most Reputable CEOs