A group of affluent consumers in the United States has a significant impact on sales across all categories and strongly influences other consumers' buying behavior, according to recent research from Ipsos.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted between June 2016 and June 2017 among 22,449 US adults age 18+ living in households with at least $125,000 in annual household income (the top 16% of American households in terms of income).
Some 71% of these affluent US adults are "affluencers," according to the researchers.
That means they represent a disproportionate amount of purchases in the United States and they are frequently sought out for their advice across all purchasing categories.
According to the report, affluencers...
- Spend 40% more than other affluent Americans, and 3.6X as much as nonaffluents, in all categories
- Are early adopters of new technology, innovations, and products
- Influence others’ shopping and buying in at least one category, and often influence behavior in 5+ categories
Check out the infographic for more insights from the survey:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted between June 2016 and June 2017 among 22,449 US adults age 18+ living in households with at least $125,000 in annual household income.
Continue reading "Meet the Affluencers: How Some Wealthy Americans Influence Purchasing [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- How to Use Psychology in E-Commerce [Infographic]
- Five Problems That Drive Customer Churn [Infographic]
- The Rise of the Self-Service B2B Buyer
- Five Lessons Marketers Can Learn From Online Reviews
- People's Customer Service Preferences in Times of Crisis [Infographic]
- What B2B Tech Marketers Want From Martech Solutions