Consumers say detailed product descriptions, images, and customer reviews are the three content types that most influence their purchases on e-commerce websites, according to recent research from Clutch.
The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 consumers who had made a purchase online within the previous seven days.
Clothing/shoes/accessories formed the largest category of items recently purchased online by those surveyed (26% had done so), electronics was second (19%), and home/garden was third (17%).
Some 29% of respondents say detailed product descriptions are a top influence on their e-commerce purchases; 27% say pictures are a top influence; and 18% say customer reviews are a top influence.
Some 31% of respondents say they use shipping-cost calculators among the features on e-commerce sites; 29% save credit card information to their accounts on sites, and 19% use related product recommendations.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 consumers who had made a purchase online within the previous seven days.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- A Masterclass in B2B Storytelling | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- B2B Marketers and Creating Content That Sells | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- ChatGPT: Marketing Dream or Marketing Disaster | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- B2B Content Promotion in 2023: Channel and Format Trends
- The AI Conundrum: Should B2B Communicators Embrace ChatGPT?
- Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show