Consumers say detailed product descriptions, images, and customer reviews are the three content types that most influence their purchases on e-commerce websites, according to recent research from Clutch.
The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 consumers who had made a purchase online within the previous seven days.
Clothing/shoes/accessories formed the largest category of items recently purchased online by those surveyed (26% had done so), electronics was second (19%), and home/garden was third (17%).
Some 29% of respondents say detailed product descriptions are a top influence on their e-commerce purchases; 27% say pictures are a top influence; and 18% say customer reviews are a top influence.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your Guide to Video Marketing: Crack the Video Code [Infographic]
- The Worst SEO Mistake You Can Make: Ignoring Content Distribution
- Direct Response Copywriting: How to Craft Copy That Converts [Infographic]
- How to Make Your Content Work Harder: Seven Fatty Phrases to Avoid in Your Writing
- The Proverb Effect (And How Marketers Can Use It): Author Ron Ploof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]