Consumers say detailed product descriptions, images, and customer reviews are the three content types that most influence their purchases on e-commerce websites, according to recent research from Clutch.
The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 consumers who had made a purchase online within the previous seven days.
Clothing/shoes/accessories formed the largest category of items recently purchased online by those surveyed (26% had done so), electronics was second (19%), and home/garden was third (17%).
Some 29% of respondents say detailed product descriptions are a top influence on their e-commerce purchases; 27% say pictures are a top influence; and 18% say customer reviews are a top influence.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile
- B2B Video Content: Top Goals, Formats, Channels, and Challenges
- 2020 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends: A First Look at New Research
- How This Fitness Expert Grew Her YouTube Subscriber Count 10X in 3 Years: Lucy Wyndham Read on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]