The report was based on data from more than 7 billion emails sent by brands in 3Q17 via the Yesmail360i platform. The researchers also looked at data from the previous three years as part of the analysis.
In 3Q14, some 17% of all subscribers to brands' email programs were using Gmail. That percentage increased to 30% in 3Q17.
Some 49% of consumers who opted into marketers' email programs in the previous 90 days use Gmail.
That's compared with 15% who use Yahoo, 8% who use Hotmail/Outlook, 3% who use AOL, and 26% who use other ISPs.
Some 40% of Gmail users who subscribe to marketers' email campaigns were active in the previous 90 days; that's compared with 17% of Yahoo users, 11% of Hotmail/Outlook users, and 5% of AOL users .
About the report: The report was based on data from more than 7 billion emails sent by brands in 3Q17 via the Yesmail360i platform.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 'Best' Use Cases for Unique Generative AI-Crafted Emails (Unfortunately!)
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Top 10 Passive-Aggressive Workplace Email Phrases [Infographic]
- Beyond Open Rate: Eight Metrics for More Effective Email Marketing