Marketers say social media is the best distribution channel for digital videos, according to recent research from Magisto.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July and August 2017 among 500 marketing decision-makers in the United States who work for businesses of various sizes.
The most commonly used distribution channels for digital video being used for marketing are websites and social networks.
Respondents rank social media as the top distribution channel for video marketing ROI; email campaigns rank second.
The types of digital videos most commonly created by businesses are product/service showcase pieces, customer testimonials, and educational pieces.
Some 50% of respondents say they are reallocating funds from their traditional media budget to fund their digital video efforts; 37% are reallocating funds from their digital media budget.
Respondents say the biggest challenge with video marketing is that videos are too time consuming to create (47% cite it as an issue).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July and August 2017 among 500 marketing decision-makers in the United States who work for businesses of various sizes.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Turn Live Video Into a Content-Repurposing Machine | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Generative AI Can't Create Great Marketing, But It Can Help
- Better Writing Will Not Fix Your Content. Here's What Will.
- How to Survive the Cookieless Future: Refocus on Your Owned Media Strategy
- The Importance of Being Human in Your B2B Content: Liz Murphy on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Seven Tips for Training the Next Generation of Content Marketers