The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July and August 2017 among 500 marketing decision-makers in the United States who work for businesses of various sizes.
The most commonly used distribution channels for digital video being used for marketing are websites and social networks.
Respondents rank social media as the top distribution channel for video marketing ROI; email campaigns rank second.
The types of digital videos most commonly created by businesses are product/service showcase pieces, customer testimonials, and educational pieces.
Some 50% of respondents say they are reallocating funds from their traditional media budget to fund their digital video efforts; 37% are reallocating funds from their digital media budget.
Respondents say the biggest challenge with video marketing is that videos are too time consuming to create (47% cite it as an issue).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July and August 2017 among 500 marketing decision-makers in the United States who work for businesses of various sizes.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- A Masterclass in B2B Storytelling | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- B2B Marketers and Creating Content That Sells | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- ChatGPT: Marketing Dream or Marketing Disaster | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- B2B Content Promotion in 2023: Channel and Format Trends
- The AI Conundrum: Should B2B Communicators Embrace ChatGPT?
- Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show