The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July and August 2017 among 500 marketing decision-makers in the United States who work for businesses of various sizes.
The most commonly used distribution channels for digital video being used for marketing are websites and social networks.
Respondents rank social media as the top distribution channel for video marketing ROI; email campaigns rank second.
The types of digital videos most commonly created by businesses are product/service showcase pieces, customer testimonials, and educational pieces.
Some 50% of respondents say they are reallocating funds from their traditional media budget to fund their digital video efforts; 37% are reallocating funds from their digital media budget.
Respondents say the biggest challenge with video marketing is that videos are too time consuming to create (47% cite it as an issue).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July and August 2017 among 500 marketing decision-makers in the United States who work for businesses of various sizes.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How Being Strategic About Content Development Can Boost Results and Save Time and Money: Ahava Leibtag on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Serious Content Marketing Mistakes You Need to Avoid
- Your First New Content Marketing Tool for 2023 Should Be Your Sales Team
- Marketing at the Speed of Thought: AI Use Cases for Four Content Types
- How to Create a B2B Marketing Podcast in 2023—And Why You Should
- A Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content: Ann Handley on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]