The report was based on data from a survey of 149 client-side marketers (66% work for B2C firms, 13% for B2B firms, and 21% for hybrid B2C-B2B firms).
Some 85% of respondents say their company is engaging in the buying of programmatic advertising either in-house or via an agency.
The most popular channels/formats for programmatic media buying are desktop display (85% of firms that purchase programmatically), mobile display (74%), desktop video (71%), and mobile video (62%):
Marketers say they engage in programmatic media buying primarily to better target audiences (74% cite it as a very important motivation) and to build audience reach (48%):
Some 46% of marketers whose firms engage in programmatic buying say they are satisfied with their efforts, and 4% say they are very satisfied:
Some 78% of marketers say they are either concerned or very concerned about brand-safety issues with programmatic advertising:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 149 client-side marketers (66% work for B2C firms, 13% for B2B firms, and 21% for hybrid B2C-B2B firms).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- Digital Ad Strategy 101: A Starting Point
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success: Matthew O'Connor on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Impact of Reddit Ads [Infographic]
- How to Identify What Advertising Strategy Is Best for Your Business: Rebecca Bugger on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Use Interactive Ad Campaigns to Generate Leads
- Five Ways Digital Attribution Can Improve ROAS for CTV/OTT Advertising