The report was based on data from two surveys, one of 478 consumers in the United States and one of 301 marketing executives at retail/e-commerce firms.
Some 55% of consumers surveyed say they prefer email messages from retailers that include relevant product recommendations.
Nearly four in ten—37%—prefer messages that recognize their membership status/show their loyalty point balance, and 29% prefer messages that show products they have viewed in the past or put on a wishlist:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Steps to Ensure Your Email Campaigns Work
- Holiday Email Done Right Is Huge for the Bottom Line: Five Tips for Doing It Right
- The Email Innovations That Most Interest Consumers
- Email Personalization: Stats and Tips [Infographic]
- What Sender Reputation Means for Your Email Marketing (Hint: A Lot!)