The report was based on data from two surveys, one of 478 consumers in the United States and one of 301 marketing executives at retail/e-commerce firms.
Some 55% of consumers surveyed say they prefer email messages from retailers that include relevant product recommendations.
Nearly four in ten—37%—prefer messages that recognize their membership status/show their loyalty point balance, and 29% prefer messages that show products they have viewed in the past or put on a wishlist:
The most common email personalization tactics by retail marketers are the use of dynamic content and the use of recipients' first names:
About the research: The report was based on data from two surveys, one of 478 consumers in the United States and one of 301 marketing executives at retail/e-commerce firms.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Steps for Leading Email Marketing Through Change and Crisis
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon
- What If Your Email Metrics Are Off: Who's Really Clicking on Your Emails?
- Best (And Worst) Email Signoffs During COVID-19 [Infographic]