The report was based on an analysis of reviews posted between 2012 and 2017 for 50,000 US-based local businesses. The researchers looked at the number of reviews on five platforms: Google, Facebook, Yelp, Foursquare, and TripAdvisor.
Google recorded the biggest percentage growth by far in the number of reviews for local business compared with the other platforms. Facebook was second.
Foursquare was the only review platform that plateaued over the time period examined.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Sustainable Branding: Why Leading With Green Misses the Mark, and What to Do Instead
- Old Logo vs. New Logo: How Consumers Feel About Six Brand Redesigns
- Six Ways to Strengthen Your Brand Through Product Packaging
- How to Inspire People to Love Your Brand the Way They Love Harry Potter (or Starbucks or Disney or MarketingProfs!): David Meerman Scott on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Achieve Cultural Velocity (And Why You Need to): Jonah Berger and Stefan Burford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]