The report was based on an analysis of reviews posted between 2012 and 2017 for 50,000 US-based local businesses. The researchers looked at the number of reviews on five platforms: Google, Facebook, Yelp, Foursquare, and TripAdvisor.
Google recorded the biggest percentage growth by far in the number of reviews for local business compared with the other platforms. Facebook was second.
Foursquare was the only review platform that plateaued over the time period examined.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketing With 'A-Peel': Savannah Bananas Owner Jesse Cole on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Branding and Design Are Inseparable: The Why, The How, and Two Examples
- Do Employees Get the Brand Story Right?
- Your Brand Safety Is at Stake: What to Do in the Era of 'Sleeping Giants'
- Six Naming Trends to Help Your Brand or Product Stand Out in 2019