The report was based on an analysis of reviews posted between 2012 and 2017 for 50,000 US-based local businesses. The researchers looked at the number of reviews on five platforms: Google, Facebook, Yelp, Foursquare, and TripAdvisor.
Google recorded the biggest percentage growth by far in the number of reviews for local business compared with the other platforms. Facebook was second.
Foursquare was the only review platform that plateaued over the time period examined.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Six Naming Trends to Help Your Brand or Product Stand Out in 2019
- What Consumers Associate With the Apple, Facebook, and Google Brands
- How Important Are Online Reviews for Local Businesses?
- Naming Your Product: Shades of Meaning (An Inside View Into Nail-Polish Naming)
- Tradeshow Branding Do's and Don'ts: How to Maximize ROI and Results at Industry Events