Consumers say the types of retail-email personalization that they value most are targeted promotions/discounts (55% cite) and tailored recommendations (37%), according to recent research from Dynamic Yield.
The report was based on data from a survey of 550 consumers from North America, Europe, and Asia age 18 and older.
Just 25% of shoppers in North America say the emails they receive from retailers are truly personalized. A much higher share of shoppers in both Europe (62%) and Asia (77%) say the emails they receive are personalized.
Some 62% of shoppers in North America say they respond favorably to personalized emails from retailers. Most shoppers across all regions say they receive five or more retail emails every day.
Check out the infographic to see more findings from the survey:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 550 consumers from North America, Europe, and Asia age 18 and older.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- 12 Email List Management Best-Practices [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Keep Top of Mind for Your Next Email Service Provider RFP
- Enterprise Email Marketing: Top Trends and Challenges
- Six Steps for Branding Your Emails Like a Pro [Infographic]
- The Anatomy of a Great Sales Outreach Email [Infographic]
- Seven Post-Purchase Email Conversations That Will Foster Customer Trust and Loyalty