Consumers say the types of retail-email personalization that they value most are targeted promotions/discounts (55% cite) and tailored recommendations (37%), according to recent research from Dynamic Yield.
The report was based on data from a survey of 550 consumers from North America, Europe, and Asia age 18 and older.
Just 25% of shoppers in North America say the emails they receive from retailers are truly personalized. A much higher share of shoppers in both Europe (62%) and Asia (77%) say the emails they receive are personalized.
Some 62% of shoppers in North America say they respond favorably to personalized emails from retailers. Most shoppers across all regions say they receive five or more retail emails every day.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Steps to Ensure Your Email Campaigns Work
- Holiday Email Done Right Is Huge for the Bottom Line: Five Tips for Doing It Right
- The Email Innovations That Most Interest Consumers
- Email Personalization: Stats and Tips [Infographic]
- What Sender Reputation Means for Your Email Marketing (Hint: A Lot!)