The report was based on data from a survey of 200 marketing professionals in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Respondents were polled about the their readiness and understanding of GDPR, which goes into effect in May. The new law makes sweeping changes to the data protection landscape and affects firms that market to even a single citizen of the EU.
Marketers say the elements of the law that will have the greatest impact will be the right to be informed, the right of access, and rights related to automated decision-making and profiling.
- One-third of marketers say they do not understand GDPR.
- 55% say the rest of their business does not understand GDPR.
- 49% of marketers are worried about the extra time compliance with GDPR will take.
Check out the infographic for more findings from the survey:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 200 marketing professionals in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Continue reading "What GDPR Means for Marketers [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- How to Win Customers' Trust and Loyalty With Unfiltered Marketing: Stephen Denny on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Most Impactful Emerging Marketing Technologies
- Opportunity Out of Difficulty: Four Martech Trends to Follow in 2021
- These Three Experiential Tactics Lead to Better B2B Virtual Events
- CMO Predictions for 2021 [Infographic]