The report was based on Zenith global advertising 2017 data as well as projections through 2020.
Zenith estimates global expenditure on mobile advertising was $107 billion in 2017, accounting for 53% of total Internet ad expenditure and 20% of total advertising expenditure.
Zenith forecasts mobile advertising will account for 66% of Internet ad expenditure in 2020 and 29% of all ad expenditure.
Combined spend on desktop and mobile advertising already surpasses television ad spend, the analysis found:
Zenith forecasts that advertisers will spend an additional $73 billion on mobile ads between 2017 and 2020. Desktop advertising spend is projected to decrease by $2 billion over the same period, and print advertising spend is projected to decline by $12 billion.
About the research: The report was based on Zenith global advertising 2017 data and projections through 2020.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Ad Benchmarks: CPM, CPC, CTR, and Objectives Trends
- How Marketers Can Protect Their Online Ad Dollars From Fraud
- Programmatic Advertising Trends: Top Tactics, Challenges, and Metrics
- Eight Common Campaign Management Mistakes Agencies Make
- The Anatomy and Current State of Programmatic Advertising [Infographic]