The report was based on data from a survey of 413 people in the United States who own a business that has fewer than 500 employees.
Some 59% of respondents say they worked a full-time job while initially building their own own business.
The reasons small business owners started their own firms range widely by industry, the survey found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Grow Your Company Fast: 'Scale or Fail' Author Allison Maslan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Put the 'Function' in Cross-Functional Teams [Infographic]
- Seven Challenges Plaguing the Modern Workplace [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Use Video in Your Hiring Process
- How to Use an Agile Marketing Strategy to Improve Your Marketing Campaigns