The report was based on data from a survey of 413 people in the United States who own a business that has fewer than 500 employees.
Some 59% of respondents say they worked a full-time job while initially building their own own business.
The reasons small business owners started their own firms range widely by industry, the survey found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- When (and How) to Use Marketing Automation: Katie Robbert on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Data Troubles: What If You're Trying, But You Still Don't Know Much About Your Customers
- Six Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Marketing Agency
- How to Ensure a Sound RFP Bid: Six Best-Practices to Achieve Success
- The Five Most Effective Applications of AI for Marketing: Christopher S. Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]