The report was based on data from a survey of 413 people in the United States who own a business that has fewer than 500 employees.
Some 59% of respondents say they worked a full-time job while initially building their own own business.
The reasons small business owners started their own firms range widely by industry, the survey found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Six Agile Marketing Myths That Need to Die
- Four Tips for Hiring Accountable Team Members Who Actually Get Things Done
- The Payoff of the Partnership Between Marketing and Creative [Infographic]
- Navigating Your (Marketing) Future With a Digital Map: Jeremiah Owyang on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Department Roles and Salaries [Infographic]