The report was based on 2017 data from email campaigns sent by Cheetah Digital clients in a wide range of verticals.
The researchers found email subject lines that included terms such as "with heartfelt thanks" and "thank you!" had average unique open and unique click rates that were 69% and 38% higher, respectively, than subject lines which did not express gratitude.
The higher engagement rates for subject lines that expressed gratitude applied to three campaign types: survey emails, post-purchase emails, and segmented buyer promotional emails.
In addition to having higher unique open and unique click rates, email subject lines that expressed gratitude also had higher transaction rates, on average:
About the research: The report was based on 2017 data from email campaigns sent by Cheetah Digital clients in a wide range of verticals.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- 11 Jargon Phrases to Avoid Using in Work Emails [Infographic]
- How Much Time Do People Typically Spend Looking at an Email?
- Picking the Right Email Sender Name: Brand or Person?
- 12 Email List Management Best-Practices [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Keep Top of Mind for Your Next Email Service Provider RFP
- Enterprise Email Marketing: Top Trends and Challenges