Email subject lines that express gratitude tend to outperform email subject lines that do not, according to recent research from Cheetah Digital.
The report was based on 2017 data from email campaigns sent by Cheetah Digital clients in a wide range of verticals.
The researchers found email subject lines that included terms such as "with heartfelt thanks" and "thank you!" had average unique open and unique click rates that were 69% and 38% higher, respectively, than subject lines which did not express gratitude.
The higher engagement rates for subject lines that expressed gratitude applied to three campaign types: survey emails, post-purchase emails, and segmented buyer promotional emails.
In addition to having higher unique open and unique click rates, email subject lines that expressed gratitude also had higher transaction rates, on average:
About the research: The report was based on 2017 data from email campaigns sent by Cheetah Digital clients in a wide range of verticals.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Email Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- The 10 Most Popular Email Greetings and Sign-Offs [Infographic]
- What the Email Marketing Funnel Looks Like [Infographic]
- How Much Harder Has Email Marketing Become?
- Nine Email Marketing Tips for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- 10 Email A/B Testing Best-Practices [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Realign Your Email Marketing to Your Overall Business Goals in 2023