The report was based on 2017 data from email campaigns sent by Cheetah Digital clients in a wide range of verticals.
The researchers found email subject lines that included terms such as "with heartfelt thanks" and "thank you!" had average unique open and unique click rates that were 69% and 38% higher, respectively, than subject lines which did not express gratitude.
The higher engagement rates for subject lines that expressed gratitude applied to three campaign types: survey emails, post-purchase emails, and segmented buyer promotional emails.
In addition to having higher unique open and unique click rates, email subject lines that expressed gratitude also had higher transaction rates, on average:
About the research: The report was based on 2017 data from email campaigns sent by Cheetah Digital clients in a wide range of verticals.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Crucial Marketing Automation Workflows You Need for Building Campaigns
- 10 Email Marketing Do's and Don'ts for Campaign Success [Infographic]
- Five Steps for Leading Email Marketing Through Change and Crisis
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon