What are the most challenging things about content marketing? Which tasks do content professionals in different roles find most difficult?
Content strategists say their top challenges are developing content that resonates with target audiences, developing ROI plans, and finding/researching the most relevant topics.
Content writers say their top challenges are finding a balance between creativity and SEO, understanding their target audiences, and meeting deadlines/time management.
PR/marketing managers say their top challenges are defining the ROI of campaigns/activities, deciding what to cover, and finding places to publish content.
Content editors say their top challenges are editing drafts, coordinating workflows, and managing editorial calendars.
Project managers say their top challenges are planning and resource management, process and documentation, and communication with team members and stakeholders.
Check out the following infographic for more insights from the research:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,884 content writers, content strategists, content editors, PR/marketing managers, and project managers.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content: Melanie Deziel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Webinar Invitations: Examples and Best-Practices
- The Cost of Poor Business Writing
- 12 Reasons User-Generated Content Is Important for Brands [Infographic]
- Why You Need a Branded Podcast (And How to Create and Brand Yours)
- Five Trends Fueling the Rise of Visual, Data-Driven Storytelling [Infographic]