The 2018 Global Email Benchmark Report was based on data from more than 50 billion emails sent by more than 100,000 senders to more than 2 billion recipient addresses.
Some 42% of the US emails addresses examined were Gmail accounts, 16% were Yahoo accounts, and 6% were Hotmail accounts.
Although Gmail is the most popular inbox provider worldwide, the proportion of consumers using the service varies widely from country to country, the analysis found. For example, Gmail accounts for only 22% of recipients in Germany—but 82% in India.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Year in Review: 2019's Important Developments in Email
- Five Ways to Boost Your Email Campaigns' Inbox Placement in 2020
- Emails Design Trends for 2020: The Future Is Here [Infographic]
- What You Should Know About Your Audience Before Creating the Perfect Email Workflow
- How Long Does It Take to Produce a Marketing Email?