The 2018 Global Email Benchmark Report was based on data from more than 50 billion emails sent by more than 100,000 senders to more than 2 billion recipient addresses.
Some 42% of the US emails addresses examined were Gmail accounts, 16% were Yahoo accounts, and 6% were Hotmail accounts.
Although Gmail is the most popular inbox provider worldwide, the proportion of consumers using the service varies widely from country to country, the analysis found. For example, Gmail accounts for only 22% of recipients in Germany—but 82% in India.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Tactics Used by Senders With High Open Rates
- 14 Ways to Use Email Marketing (Besides Sending Newsletters)
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends