The report was based on an analysis conducted in April and May 2018 of 8 billion pageviews for 1 million articles on thousands of sites. The researchers used natural language processing to classify the content into 23 topic categories.
Some 75% of all external traffic to the content examined came from Google and Facebook.
Overall referral traffic has shifted somewhat from Facebook to Google over the past year, likely because of algorithm changes made by the social network.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Secret to Dell's Success in B2B Influencer Marketing: Konstanze Alex on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create Effective Sales Enablement Content
- Content Marketing That's Strong and Fit Enough to Generate ROI [Infographic]
- Can Your Content Marketing Compete? Trends for a Strong Strategy in 2019 and Beyond
- Putting the 'Letter' Back in 'Newsletter': Ann Handley Talks Writing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]