The report was based on an analysis conducted in April and May 2018 of 8 billion pageviews for 1 million articles on thousands of sites. The researchers used natural language processing to classify the content into 23 topic categories.
Some 75% of all external traffic to the content examined came from Google and Facebook.
Overall referral traffic has shifted somewhat from Facebook to Google over the past year, likely because of algorithm changes made by the social network.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Requesting Rights to User-Generated Content: A Guide for Travel Brands (and Others) [Infographic]
- Why Marketers Should Invest in the Stories Format and Stories Ads, and How to Do It
- 10 Shortcuts to Gathering High-Quality Whitepaper Content
- The Biggest Deficiencies of B2B Content Marketing Programs
- Six Reasons It's Time for Brands to Replace Stock Photos With User-Generated Content