The report was based on an analysis conducted in April and May 2018 of 8 billion pageviews for 1 million articles on thousands of sites. The researchers used natural language processing to classify the content into 23 topic categories.
Some 75% of all external traffic to the content examined came from Google and Facebook.
Overall referral traffic has shifted somewhat from Facebook to Google over the past year, likely because of algorithm changes made by the social network.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 2019 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends
- The State of Blogging: Post Length and Publishing Frequency Trends
- Top 10 Video Trends [Infographic]
- Six Tips to Ensure Your B2B Content Marketing Efforts Are Not Wasted
- Why You Need to Produce Original Research: B2B Marketing Forum Speaker Clare McDermott on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]