The report was based on an analysis conducted in April and May 2018 of 8 billion pageviews for 1 million articles on thousands of sites. The researchers used natural language processing to classify the content into 23 topic categories.
Some 75% of all external traffic to the content examined came from Google and Facebook.
Overall referral traffic has shifted somewhat from Facebook to Google over the past year, likely because of algorithm changes made by the social network.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Reasons Your Marketing Messages Aren't Hitting the Spot, and How to Make Sure They Do
- Unleash the Power of Video Marketing for Your Business: Five Ideas for Video Content
- 15 Ways to Tap the Power of Collaborative Content
- Podcasts as a Learning (and Teaching) Medium for Marketing (And More)
- Context Is Everything: Transmedia vs. Integrated Campaigns [Video]