The report was based on 2017 data from customers who use AdRoll's e-commerce advertising platform.
Although more than 40% of US consumers begin holiday shopping before November, the average cost per click (CPC) for online ads is still 12% lower in October compared with November and December.
The average cost per thousand impressions (CPM) is between 15% and 20% lower in October compared with November and December, the analysis found.
Check out the infographic for in-depth findings from the study, including on mobile marketing as well as Instagram and Facebook advertising:
About the research: The report was based on 2017 data from customers who use AdRoll's e-commerce advertising platform.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- Diversity in Video Ads: Gender, Age, and Ethnicity Benchmarks
- Tough Times Ahead: Global Digital Ad Forecast for 2022-2024
- The End of Third-Party Cookies Is a New Beginning for Digital Advertisers: Arsen Avakian on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Love, Hate, or Indifferent? How People Feel About 6 Common Ad Formats
- The Drivers of the Current Digital Advertising Boom
- It's Time to Embrace Personalization and Education in Your OTT Advertising Model