The report was based on 2017 data from customers who use AdRoll's e-commerce advertising platform.
Although more than 40% of US consumers begin holiday shopping before November, the average cost per click (CPC) for online ads is still 12% lower in October compared with November and December.
The average cost per thousand impressions (CPM) is between 15% and 20% lower in October compared with November and December, the analysis found.
Check out the infographic for in-depth findings from the study, including on mobile marketing as well as Instagram and Facebook advertising:
About the research: The report was based on 2017 data from customers who use AdRoll's e-commerce advertising platform.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- Global Ad Spend Forecast for 2023: A Slowdown Ahead
- A Beginner's Guide to How Google Ads Work
- Global Ad Trends: TV Media Costs Have Jumped 31% Since 2019
- Digital Ad Strategy 101: A Starting Point
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success: Matthew O'Connor on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Impact of Reddit Ads [Infographic]