The report was based on data from a survey of 12,694 consumers in the US. Respondents were asked to evaluate 299 brands across 37 industries. The researchers defined the most relevant brands as those that consumers rated as the most customer obsessed, ruthlessly pragmatic, distinctively inspired, and pervasively innovative (see the full methodology here).
Consumers rated Apple as the most relevant brand overall for the fourth year in a row, in large part because of the company's focus on customer service and because of its innovative products.
Amazon was the top-ranked brand for "I can’t imagine life without it," "Is available when and where I need it," and "Makes my life easier."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Achieve Cultural Velocity (And Why You Need to): Jonah Berger and Stefan Burford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Secrets to Finding the Perfect Name for Your Brand: Jeremy Miller of 'Sticky Branding' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 10 Most Valuable Global Brands
- Nine Criteria for an Ironclad Brand Strategy: Lindsay Pedersen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Brand Marketing vs. Performance Marketing: Finding the Right Balance