The report was based on data from a survey of 12,694 consumers in the US. Respondents were asked to evaluate 299 brands across 37 industries. The researchers defined the most relevant brands as those that consumers rated as the most customer obsessed, ruthlessly pragmatic, distinctively inspired, and pervasively innovative (see the full methodology here).
Consumers rated Apple as the most relevant brand overall for the fourth year in a row, in large part because of the company's focus on customer service and because of its innovative products.
Amazon was the top-ranked brand for "I can’t imagine life without it," "Is available when and where I need it," and "Makes my life easier."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Guide to Business Ethics and Social Responsibility [Infographic]
- Sustainable Branding: Why Leading With Green Misses the Mark, and What to Do Instead
- Old Logo vs. New Logo: How Consumers Feel About Six Brand Redesigns
- Six Ways to Strengthen Your Brand Through Product Packaging
- How to Inspire People to Love Your Brand the Way They Love Harry Potter (or Starbucks or Disney or MarketingProfs!): David Meerman Scott on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]