The report was based on data from a survey of 12,694 consumers in the US. Respondents were asked to evaluate 299 brands across 37 industries. The researchers defined the most relevant brands as those that consumers rated as the most customer obsessed, ruthlessly pragmatic, distinctively inspired, and pervasively innovative (see the full methodology here).
Consumers rated Apple as the most relevant brand overall for the fourth year in a row, in large part because of the company's focus on customer service and because of its innovative products.
Amazon was the top-ranked brand for "I can’t imagine life without it," "Is available when and where I need it," and "Makes my life easier."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Context Is Everything: Language and Voice in Marketing Messaging [Video]
- Naming Your Product: Shades of Meaning (An Inside View Into Nail-Polish Naming)
- Online Reputation Management 101: What You Need to Know [Infographic]
- Should Brands Take Public Stands on Political Issues?
- Win (and Keep) Customers Using 'The Laws of Brand Storytelling': Ekaterina Walter and Jessica Gioglio Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]