What is the most popular B2B email newsletter format? How many messages do marketers send each month? Whom do newsletters come from? How long are they?
To find out, Find A Way Media examined 78 marketing email newsletters sent by B2B companies that operate in a range of different verticals. The researchers analyzed messages sent by the firms over a three-month period to determine format, length, sender, and frequency trends.
The researchers identified four common B2B newsletter formats:
- The Summarizer (emails that packaged pieces the firm had published)
- The Hard Sell (emails focused on product/service benefits)
- The Homepage (emails that curated content from across the Web and provided analysis/context)
- The Forwarder (emails that provided no context and were simply generated when the firm published a new piece of content)
Some 69% of the messages examined fell into The Summarizer bucket, 18% into The Hard Sell, 8% into The Homepage, and 5% into The Forwarder.
Some 66% of the B2B firms included in the study send email newsletters from an account that uses the company name, 18% send emails that come from a specific person at the company, 13% from a person who is not identified, and 3% from a made-up name.
B2B firms send 5.8 emails per month, on average, to subscribers (the median number was 5).
Email newsletters from B2B marketers are 273 words long, on average.
About the research: The report was based on a study of 78 marketing email newsletters sent by B2B companies that operate in a range of different verticals. The researchers analyzed messages sent by the firms over a three-month period to determine format, length, sender, and frequency trends.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Engagement-Based Email Segmentation: How to Ensure Your Messages Land in the Inbox
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 'Best' Use Cases for Unique Generative AI-Crafted Emails (Unfortunately!)
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Beyond Open Rate: Eight Metrics for More Effective Email Marketing