Black Friday email messages with free shipping offers had the highest average conversion rate last year, and Cyber Monday messages with percent-off offers had the highest average conversion rate, according to recent research from Yes Marketing.
The report was based on Yes Marketing data from more than 8 billion emails sent by brands in 4Q17. The researchers compared 2017 data for Black Friday and Cyber Monday messages with 2016 data, as well as with business-as-usual (BAU) emails.
Black Friday campaigns that included free shipping offers had a significantly higher average conversion rate (14.7%) compared with campaigns that included other offer types (dollar-off, percent-off, buy-one...).
Black Friday campaigns that included offers had lower average open, unique click, and click-to-open rates compared with brand campaigns that did not include offers.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email Design Trends That Engage Subscribers
- How to Keep Your Email Marketing Strategy Relevant to Millennials
- Your Giant Email Marketing Statistics Guide [Infographic]
- How to Choose the Most Appealing Images for Your Email and Content Marketing
- Groundhogs, Coffee, and Oktoberfest: Top-Performing Unconventional Email Themes