The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2018 among consumers age 18 and older in the United States.
Some 57% of respondents said they had addressed a customer service issue/inquiry by phone in the past year, the highest share for any channel.
However, consumers' affinity for receiving customer service via phone appears to be waning: 43% of respondents in the 2018 survey said it is their preferred channel, compared with 49% in a 2015 survey.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Move Over, Social Platforms: Niche Online Communities Are the Wave of the Future
- Customer Satisfaction 101: A Guide [Infographic]
- Marketing Beyond Millennials: Connecting With Generation Z
- Brands Teens Like: Top Clothing, Social Media, and Video Brands [Infographic]
- You're Hired... or Not: How Clients Find Small Business Service Providers [Infographic]