The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2018 among consumers age 18 and older in the United States.
Some 57% of respondents said they had addressed a customer service issue/inquiry by phone in the past year, the highest share for any channel.
However, consumers' affinity for receiving customer service via phone appears to be waning: 43% of respondents in the 2018 survey said it is their preferred channel, compared with 49% in a 2015 survey.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Role of Customer Empathy in the Future of Marketing
- How to Offer More Value to Your Crisis-Stricken Customers [Infographic]
- Planning Your COVID-Related Communications: A Flowchart [Infographic]
- CX Will Be Essential for Rebuilding After COVID-19: Four Steps You Need to Take Now
- Marketing and CX During a National Emergency: Getting Real About Customer-Centricity