The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2018 among consumers age 18 and older in the United States.
Some 57% of respondents said they had addressed a customer service issue/inquiry by phone in the past year, the highest share for any channel.
However, consumers' affinity for receiving customer service via phone appears to be waning: 43% of respondents in the 2018 survey said it is their preferred channel, compared with 49% in a 2015 survey.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Got an App? Keep Them Tapping!
- Why Delivering Live-Chat Support to Customers Is a Must for Your Business
- Three Proven Strategies for Engaging Millennial and Gen Z Customers
- Keep Consumers From Cheating on You: Foster a Community to Stay Together
- Six Ways to Be More Genuine in Your Customer Interactions