The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2018 among consumers age 18 and older in the United States.
Some 57% of respondents said they had addressed a customer service issue/inquiry by phone in the past year, the highest share for any channel.
However, consumers' affinity for receiving customer service via phone appears to be waning: 43% of respondents in the 2018 survey said it is their preferred channel, compared with 49% in a 2015 survey.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Real Content Strategies to Earn Brand Attachment
- Top 10 Loyalty Reward Program Best-Practices
- Customer Retention: How to Assess and Improve Your B2B Customer Lifecycle
- How Customer Participation Builds Trust in the Age of GDPR
- Building a Brand and Giving Back: Country Star Jimmy Charles on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]