The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2018 among consumers age 18 and older in the United States.
Some 57% of respondents said they had addressed a customer service issue/inquiry by phone in the past year, the highest share for any channel.
However, consumers' affinity for receiving customer service via phone appears to be waning: 43% of respondents in the 2018 survey said it is their preferred channel, compared with 49% in a 2015 survey.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Building a Brand and Giving Back: Country Star Jimmy Charles on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Net Promoter Score: What It Is and How It Can Help You [Infographic]
- Five Tips for Retailers to Win at Marketing in a Booming Economy
- Why Customers Leaveâ€”and How You Can Keep Them [Infographic]
- Frenemies: The Battle of Rival Brand Fans on Social Media