The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2018 among consumers age 18 and older in the United States.
Some 57% of respondents said they had addressed a customer service issue/inquiry by phone in the past year, the highest share for any channel.
However, consumers' affinity for receiving customer service via phone appears to be waning: 43% of respondents in the 2018 survey said it is their preferred channel, compared with 49% in a 2015 survey.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Rules for Growing Customer Loyalty Even as Coronavirus Disrupts Supply Chains
- Add Value and Revenue by Owning Customer Success
- Top 5 Critical Components of Great Customer Experience
- Transparency and Trust: The Key Links Between Data Regulation and Customer Experience
- How Are Customers Reacting to Your Loyalty Program? Four Issues to Avoid