The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September and October 2018 among 3,250 consumers. Respondents were polled on how paper direct mailings (catalogs, newsletters, postcards, promotional offers, etc.) impact their brand considerations and purchase decisions.
Some 68% of consumers say they immediately trash direct mail that comes from brands they have not heard of and/or that pertains to categories they are not interested in.
However, some 76% of consumers say they keep and discuss direct mail from brands they have purchased from in the past, 66% keep and discuss direct mail from new brands in categories they are interested in, and 54% keep and discuss direct mail from brands they haven't purchased from but know of.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Attention-Grabbers: Five Publicity Lessons From Unique Billboard Ads
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Amazon for Brands: Top 5 Problems and How to Overcome Them
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels