What annoys consumers most about content from brands? Which experiences frustrate people most when consuming content in general?
Adobe surveyed 1,000 consumers in the United States and found some answers to those questions.
Some 39% of respondents say they find it annoying when brand content is too wordy or poorly written.
Other top annoyances about brand content include when content is poorly designed (28% find it annoying), when content is personalized to the point of being creepy (25%), when content is old/stale/repetitive (22%), when content isn't personalized/relevant (22%), when content isn't optimized for the device that it is being viewed on (21%), when content has no images or video (17%), and when content highlights a promotion for a product already purchased (16%).
Consumers say the most frustrating content experiences in general are spam email (42% cite it as frustrating), slow page loads (35%), irrelevant offers (29%), having to scroll through too many pages/screens to access content (29%), unavailable content (27%), irrelevant recommendations/content (23%), cluttered content and design (22%), and crowded navigation (13%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 consumers in the United States.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Marketing Content Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Content:
- Better Writing Will Not Fix Your Content. Here's What Will.
- How to Survive the Cookieless Future: Refocus on Your Owned Media Strategy
- The Importance of Being Human in Your B2B Content: Liz Murphy on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Seven Tips for Training the Next Generation of Content Marketers
- Why Now Is the Time to Add Video to Your Marketing Budget
- Why B2B Marketers Need to 'Prove It' With a Trust-Building Content Strategy: Melanie Deziel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]