The report was based on an analysis of more than 324,000 videos published by businesses between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
The average length of the brand videos examined was four minutes, down 33% from the average length in 2017 (six minutes). The average length of videos published by brands in 2016 was 13 minutes, more than three times longer than the average in 2018.
Although the average length was four minutes, nearly half of the videos examined were under one minute, and 24% were under two minutes.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile
- B2B Video Content: Top Goals, Formats, Channels, and Challenges
- 2020 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends: A First Look at New Research
- How This Fitness Expert Grew Her YouTube Subscriber Count 10X in 3 Years: Lucy Wyndham Read on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]