The report was based on data from a survey of 983 consumers. Respondents were asked whether they shop more for different categories of products in-store or online.
Consumers say they tend to shop more in-store than online for essential, recurring items such as groceries, paper products, and cleaning supplies.
Consumers say they tend to shop more online than in-store for entertainment goods, such as books and media, videogames, and electronics.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Using Customer Insights to Elevate Your Marketing
- A Seven-Step Guide to Creating a Successful Marketing Plan [Infographic]
- The State of Conversational Marketing: Online Customer Experience, Chatbots, Trends
- How Well Do You Know Marketing Trends? Test Your Knowledge. [Quiz]
- How In-Store Music Affects the Retail Experience [Infographic]