The report was based on an analysis of 10 billion email opens collected worldwide with the Litmus Email Analytics tool between April 1, 2018 and April 1, 2019.
Some 21% of all email opens in the United States happen between 9 AM and noon (local time), the analysis found.
Email opens peak between 10 AM and 11 AM, and hit their lowest point between 2 AM and 3 AM.
Email open behavior is significantly dependent on device type, the analysis found.
For example, mobile opens are fairly steady between 8 AM and 10 PM, whereas desktop opens peak in the morning and start to drop off in the afternoon.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of 10 billion email opens collected worldwide with the Litmus Email Analytics tool between April 1, 2018 and April 1, 2019.
Continue reading "Email Opens by Time of Day" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email:
- Apple's Hide My Email: A New Reason to Accept Only Corporate Email Addresses
- Email Marketing Stats You Need to Know [Infographic]
- Building Your Email Newsletter Is a Marathon, Not a Sprint
- How to Create a Powerful Email Marketing Funnel [Infographic]
- Seven Marketing Automation Campaigns That Should Get You Promoted