The report was based on NRF spend data from previous years as well as data from a survey of 7,660 consumers conducted in early July 2019.
Families with children in elementary school through high school say they plan to spend $697, on average, on back-to-school items in 2019, up from $689 last year.
Families with college students say they plan to spend $977, on average, on back to school items in 2019, up from $942 last year.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Using Customer Insights to Elevate Your Marketing
- A Seven-Step Guide to Creating a Successful Marketing Plan [Infographic]
- The State of Conversational Marketing: Online Customer Experience, Chatbots, Trends
- How Well Do You Know Marketing Trends? Test Your Knowledge. [Quiz]
- How In-Store Music Affects the Retail Experience [Infographic]