The researchers used IBM's Watson Personality API, an AI-driven platform that processes written text, to see which key personality traits the brands exhibit.
The brands examined ranked in the 95% percentile, on average, for immoderation, the analysis found.
At first glance, that personality trait may not seem to go hand-in-hand with being reputable, but a high score can indicate a deep commitment to taking risks in order to pursue a company's values, goals, and ideas.
Top Characteristics of Most Reputable Companies
Friendliness was the personality trait with the second-highest average percentile; it was followed by uncompromising, trustworthy, and orderly.
The Global RepTrak 100
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of Global RepTrack's 2018 list of the US, UK and global brands that consumers find most reputable. The researchers used IBM’s Watson Personality API, an AI-driven platform that processes written text, to see which key personality traits the brands had in common.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Tips for Making Company-Culture Videos That Captivate Your Customers' Hearts (Article 2 of 3)
- The 10 Most Valuable Global Brands in 2020
- The Most Significant Challenges to B2B Brand-Building
- Brand Guidelines: It's High Time to Revamp How We Create and Use Them
- How to Use Empathy in Your B2B Brand Storytelling