The researchers used IBM's Watson Personality API, an AI-driven platform that processes written text, to see which key personality traits the brands exhibit.
The brands examined ranked in the 95% percentile, on average, for immoderation, the analysis found.
At first glance, that personality trait may not seem to go hand-in-hand with being reputable, but a high score can indicate a deep commitment to taking risks in order to pursue a company's values, goals, and ideas.
Top Characteristics of Most Reputable Companies
Friendliness was the personality trait with the second-highest average percentile; it was followed by uncompromising, trustworthy, and orderly.
The Global RepTrak 100
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of Global RepTrack's 2018 list of the US, UK and global brands that consumers find most reputable. The researchers used IBM’s Watson Personality API, an AI-driven platform that processes written text, to see which key personality traits the brands had in common.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Branding:
- Research: Now Is the Time for Brand Marketing (And Why Data Matters for Brand Marketers)
- Developing an Indispensable Brand-Inspired Growth Strategy | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Brand + Demand: Taking B2B Marketing From Cost Center to Value Center
- The Boomerang Brand: Five Ways to Avoid It and One Time to Embrace It
- The 100 Most Valuable Global Brands [Infographic]
- The 12 Breakthrough Brands of 2023 [Infographic]