The researchers used IBM's Watson Personality API, an AI-driven platform that processes written text, to see which key personality traits the brands exhibit.
The brands examined ranked in the 95% percentile, on average, for immoderation, the analysis found.
At first glance, that personality trait may not seem to go hand-in-hand with being reputable, but a high score can indicate a deep commitment to taking risks in order to pursue a company's values, goals, and ideas.
Top Characteristics of Most Reputable Companies
Friendliness was the personality trait with the second-highest average percentile; it was followed by uncompromising, trustworthy, and orderly.
The Global RepTrak 100
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of Global RepTrack's 2018 list of the US, UK and global brands that consumers find most reputable. The researchers used IBM’s Watson Personality API, an AI-driven platform that processes written text, to see which key personality traits the brands had in common.
Continue reading "The Personality Traits of the Most Reputable Brands" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Branding:
- Adapting Brands and Thought Leadership: Afiya Addison of the B2B Institute at LinkedIn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Listening to Customers, Discovering Your Why, What, and How: Zendesk's Lisa Kant on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- World's Top 10 'Brand Guardian,' Most Famous, and Most Reputable CEOs
- How to Market Effectively in 2021: Integrate Performance and Brand Marketing
- The Benefits of Green B2B Branding