Most B2B buyers say they want to hear from sales representatives when products have complex configurations, when purchases have specific terms, when there are pricing specials, and when trying to learn about new offerings, according to recent research from PROS.
The report was based on data from a survey of more than 1,000 leaders who are responsible for B2B procurement and purchasing.
Some 61% of respondents say they prefer engaging with vendor sales reps over self-service tools when inquiring about products with complex configurations, 61% prefer engaging with sales reps when inquiring about special prices, 58% prefer engaging with sales reps when inquiring about specific terms, and 51% prefer engaging with sales reps when trying to learn about new products.
Most B2B buyers find instant pricing to be valuable when researching potential purchases. In fact, 61% of respondents say they would pay a 1% premium for instant pricing information. Nearly half—48%—would pay a 5% premium.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of more than 1,000 leaders who are responsible for B2B procurement and purchasing.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Demand Generation Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Demand Generation:
- Your SMB Needs a Full-Funnel Marketing Approach. Here's Where to Start.
- Why You Should Be 'Cloning' Your Best Customers to Grow Your Business
- How to Use the Awareness Stages to Nurture Leads From MQL to SQL
- How to Build Marketing Automation Campaigns That Prompt Desired Behaviors From Your Leads
- How to Use Marketing Automation to Create Contextual Sales Conversations
- Why It's Not Your Sales Team's Job to Nurture Leads