The 2019 Retail Email Benchmark Report was based on data from more than 3.26 billion emails sent by brands between April 2018 and March 2019.
The more shoppers spend with a brand, the more likely they are to engage with its emails, the analysis found.
The researchers attribute this engagement pattern to loyalty: Consumers tend to spend more on brands they feel connected to; that connection makes them more receptive to campaigns from those brands.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends
- Using Customer Insights to Elevate Your Marketing
- Trust and Privacy: Reaching Today's Connected Customers [Infographic]
- A Seven-Step Guide to Creating a Successful Marketing Plan [Infographic]
- The State of Conversational Marketing: Online Customer Experience, Chatbots, Trends