The 2019 Retail Email Benchmark Report was based on data from more than 3.26 billion emails sent by brands between April 2018 and March 2019.
The more shoppers spend with a brand, the more likely they are to engage with its emails, the analysis found.
The researchers attribute this engagement pattern to loyalty: Consumers tend to spend more on brands they feel connected to; that connection makes them more receptive to campaigns from those brands.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Sales Leaders' Top 10 Priorities for the Year Ahead [Infographic]
- How to Nail Positioning, Messaging, and Change Management: Matt Desmier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns
- Shopping in 2019: Online and In-Store Retail Trends
- How to Get (and Use) Intel on Your Competitors