Marketers say search is the most effective pay-per-click (PPC) digital advertising channel and display is the least effective PPC digital advertising channel, according to recent research from Hanapin Marking.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May and June 2019 among 527 marketers who work for brands or agencies.
Nearly two-thirds (65%) of marketers who work for brands say search is the most effective PPC channel, and 42% say display is the least effective PPC channel.
Those sentiments are even stronger among agency marketers: Some 74% say search is the most effective PPC channel, and 53% say display is the least effective PPC channel.
Marketers' views on effectiveness appear to map to spend: Some 60% of respondents say they are spending more on search this year compared with last year, and 39% say they are spending less on display this year compared with last year.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May and June, 2019, among 527 marketers who work for either brands or agencies.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- LinkedIn Ads Myths, Hurdles, and Strategies B2B Marketers Need to Know | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- B2B Tech Marketers' Budget Expectations for 2024
- How to Scale Your Paid Search Ads: The Dual-Axis Framework
- The Paid Channels Marketers Plan to Increase Spend On in 2024
- LinkedIn Advertising Benchmarks: Maximizing Your Campaign's Potential
- How B2B Marketers Can Tap Into Out-of-Home Transit Advertising