Email senders with higher-than-average open rates are especially likely to rely on delivery optimization, A/B-testing, and reactivation campaigns, according to recent research from Validity and Demand Metric.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted between June 27 and July 19, 2019, among 293 email marketers.
Most respondents (57%) report that their bulk email campaigns have an average open rate of 15% or lower, with the largest share (27%) reporting an average open rate of between 11% and 15%:
The most popular email optimization tactic used by all respondents is personalization (72% use it).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Sneak Peek: 2020 Email Trends and Strategies to Know
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon
- B2B Email Design Trends to Know
- What If Your Email Metrics Are Off: Who's Really Clicking on Your Emails?