The report was based on data from a survey of 218 B2B sales and marketing leaders (all managers or above).
Some 67% of respondents say their firm develops video content to build brand awareness, and 63% say their firm develops video content to generate leads; some 63% also say they develop video content to educate customers.
The most popular video formats among B2B brands are explainer videos (57% of respondents say their firm creates them) and demo videos (53%).
Brands that say video plays a major role in their marketing and sales efforts are much more likely to create customer testimonial and interview/Q&A videos than other firms are.
The most popular channels of B2B firms for distributing video are their own websites (79% use them), email (67%), and LinkedIn (63%).
B2B marketers and salespeople say the biggest challenge in developing video content is that it takes too much time (34% cite it as a roadblock).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 218 B2B sales and marketing leaders.
Continue reading "B2B Video Content: Top Goals, Formats, Channels, and Challenges" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Create Content That Breaks Through the Noise (But Doesn't Break the Bank): Gene Foca of Getty Images on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 15 Writing Lessons From Famous Authors [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Use Interactive Content to Succeed at Virtual Tradeshows
- Business Video Benchmarks: Content, Engagement, and Distribution Trends
- How COVID-19 Transformed Sales and B2B Content Marketing—and Five Ways to Adapt