B2B marketers and salespeople are using video content primarily to build brand awareness, drive lead generation, and educate customers, according to recent research from Vidyard and Heinz Marketing.
The report was based on data from a survey of 218 B2B sales and marketing leaders (all managers or above).
Some 67% of respondents say their firm develops video content to build brand awareness, and 63% say their firm develops video content to generate leads; some 63% also say they develop video content to educate customers.
The most popular video formats among B2B brands are explainer videos (57% of respondents say their firm creates them) and demo videos (53%).
Brands that say video plays a major role in their marketing and sales efforts are much more likely to create customer testimonial and interview/Q&A videos than other firms are.
The most popular channels of B2B firms for distributing video are their own websites (79% use them), email (67%), and LinkedIn (63%).
B2B marketers and salespeople say the biggest challenge in developing video content is that it takes too much time (34% cite it as a roadblock).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 218 B2B sales and marketing leaders.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Marketing Content Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Content:
- Better Writing Will Not Fix Your Content. Here's What Will.
- How to Survive the Cookieless Future: Refocus on Your Owned Media Strategy
- The Importance of Being Human in Your B2B Content: Liz Murphy on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Seven Tips for Training the Next Generation of Content Marketers
- Why Now Is the Time to Add Video to Your Marketing Budget
- Why B2B Marketers Need to 'Prove It' With a Trust-Building Content Strategy: Melanie Deziel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]