The report was based on data from a survey of 110 marketers who work for firms in a wide range of different B2B verticals.
Some 56% of respondents say they expect their firm's 2020 marketing spend to be the same as in 2019, and 41% expect spend to increase.
Only 3% of B2B marketers expect spend to decrease in 2020.
Marketing and Sales Strategies
Some 47% of respondents say they plan to explore personalization more in 2020, and 42% say they plan to explore account-based marketing (ABM) more.
Other marketing and sales strategies that respondents plan to explore more in 2020 include video marketing (41% say so), inbound marketing (39%), and automation/AI (36%).
B2B marketers say their top objectives in 2020 are to convert more leads into customers and to increase their number of sales leads.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of marketers who work for firms in a wide-range of different B2B verticals.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Switching From Product-Centricity to Customer-Centricity With Personas
- Avoid These Six 'Kisses of Death' in Business Development to Keep Your Marketing Funnel Alive
- A Privacy-First World Won't Hurt Your Customer Relationships, It Will Transform Them: Kipp Bodnar on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What B2B Tech Marketers Are Doing in 2022 [Infographic]
- How to Use Buyer Reviews in B2B Marketing
- NFTs: From Collectibles to Brand Engagement