The report was based on data from a survey of 110 marketers who work for firms in a wide range of different B2B verticals.
Some 56% of respondents say they expect their firm's 2020 marketing spend to be the same as in 2019, and 41% expect spend to increase.
Only 3% of B2B marketers expect spend to decrease in 2020.
Marketing and Sales Strategies
Some 47% of respondents say they plan to explore personalization more in 2020, and 42% say they plan to explore account-based marketing (ABM) more.
Other marketing and sales strategies that respondents plan to explore more in 2020 include video marketing (41% say so), inbound marketing (39%), and automation/AI (36%).
B2B marketers say their top objectives in 2020 are to convert more leads into customers and to increase their number of sales leads.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of marketers who work for firms in a wide-range of different B2B verticals.
Continue reading "B2B Marketers' Plans for 2020: Spend, Objective, and Strategy Trends" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Creating a Better Audience Experience: Oli Gardner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Senior Marketers Set Their Budgets
- The Great Compression and the Future of Marketing Post-Pandemic: Mitch Joel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Four Tips for Implementing Agile Strategies in Your Marketing to Increase Efficiency and Results
- Brand-to-Demand: A Powerful Approach for Marketers [Infographic]