The report was based on an analysis of billions of emails sent via the Campaign Monitor platform between January 2019 and December 2019. The messages were sent to subscribers around the world from businesses and nonprofits based in the United States.
The average clickthrough rate across the 19 industries examined was 2.5%, the average click-to-open rate was 14.8%, the average unsubscribe rate was 0.1%, and the average bounce rate was 0.6%.
The three highest average open rates (25.2%, 25.0%, and 22.6%) among the industries examined were the following:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Help Your Email Subscribers Cope With Inbox Stress
- Using Email Security for Deliverability and Opens
- The Email Year in Review: 2019's Important Developments in Email
- Five Ways to Boost Your Email Campaigns' Inbox Placement in 2020
- Emails Design Trends for 2020: The Future Is Here [Infographic]